Friday 25 January 2008

Why Bother?

Wise words indeed from Master Yoda. Thanks for standing in little man.

I'm in philosophical mood this evening. But time is short, so this will be a very brief post I'm afraid.

All cyclists, myself included, sometimes say to themselves, "Why am I doing this?". These words might drift into the mind when suffering on the bike, perhaps during a race or when the Almighty makes it pour down just for a laugh near the end of a particularly gruelling ride. But such a thought might come on a beautiful sunny day when all's well. So, why are we doing this? There are lots of possible answers, but for many the main reasons are because they enjoy riding their bike and it keeps them fit. Why bother keeping fit?

Simply put, looking after your physical health is arguably the most important investment you can make. So, if it's some time since you made a "payment in", dust off the bike and get out there! And when you are.....

Shout "hello!" if you see me on the road or trail
I'm sure to give you a hearty hail
To ignore me would be such a shame
But, please, don't ask me my name

Yours

The Pale Rider