Thursday 7 August 2008

End of season already drawing close

Well it’s been a grand few weeks back in Moray after my summer break in Spain – have started to burn of that ballast added by my mission to get the most value from the all-inclusive tariff.

A short spell of sunny weather has given me a great opportunity to get out on the bike – although the weather is quickly returning to Scottish norms.

Only one week left of the Tuesday League races – that’s a pity as I’ve been enjoying them immensely. They’re a great chance for riders of all levels to take part – right from the really little youngsters through to us really big oldies. A grand concept that should be applauded – and if you haven’t done so – they should be tried – come along and ride on Tuesday – it’ll give you something to aim for next spring.

Blimey heck – I’m already talking about next season !!! Forres CC have a 10 at the end of this month – best get my entry from to Moraig asap – then that’s my “racing” season over !! ( when I say racing – I actually mean turning up for races and giving the fast lads someone to pass halfway round). It’s been a good season for me – solely by virtue of it’s been a return to racing after a (very) long absence – so it had to be good – the Tuesday league has been a massive help in that respect – I am hoping that after riding loads of those 20 milers on a twisty circuit then a straight (?) 10 miler should be faster – and that’s a relative to my times not fast in the normal sense of the word.

Anyway that’s my views and news for this week – post a comment, pop back soon, keep cycling and stay safe

Pale Rider.