Wednesday 16 July 2008

Holiday time

Well it has been a couple of weeks since the Pale Riders last words of wisdom so here is the latest instalment.

Haven’t done much on the bike of late – managed a couple of Tuesday League rides – well I tootled around in my usual pedestrian pace making up the numbers.

We have been on a weeks holiday, topping up the Budweiser belly and the lobster pink tan. A full week all-inclusive break on the Costa (that’s the Spanish Costa – not the coffee shop in Tescos) It was great – the hotel did a full breakfast until 11 o’clock, proper fish and chips at lunchtime and they had Eastenders on Sky telly in the bar. We did go out for a meal one night – any more than that would have meant we lost out on the all-inclusive deal we’d got. We went for a steak meal – some people went to a Spanish restaurant and had that paella stuff but we didn’t want to risk any of that foreign stuff.

I managed to watch some of the Tour on Eurosport (does 3 hours every afternoon count as some?) in the bar around the corner from the hotel so I was happy every afternoon whilst the Mrs sat by the hotel pool and read her book. I did have to keep nipping back to the hotel to get an all-inclusive beer during the advert breaks – only bought 2 beers each day in the bar with Eurosport on or they’d think I was a tight Scotsman – perish the thought – tight? Me? Okay I was tight by 11 O’clock most nights – but if they’ve got local beer on the all inclusive what do you expect?

We had a walk out a few days and I managed to find a small bike shop – prices were very good but only bought a souvenir Coca Cola water bottle – well I didn’t want to go mad did I – would be no room in suit case for duty free booze and fags.

Well back to full training this week eating up the miles on the roads of Moray and exploring the wonderful sunny countryside around us and if you think the above gives you any clue as to the real identity of the PR – dream on.