Thursday 21 August 2008

Summer?

Well I’m sat at work looking at the sudden end of summer as the rain pours down in torrents. Any training done tonight will involve the turbo or the gym – you must think I’m a complete dafty if you think I’ll even entertain the idea of going out on the road in that. If the weather man’s website has a severe weather warning on it that’s good enough excuse for me to stop indoors – and I’m not minded to get my bike dirty either.

The only ray of sunshine this week has been the gleam of gold from the GB cyclists in Beijing – well done to all concerned. Let’s hope that we can attract a few more members to the Forres club on the back of this bow-wave of success for this marvellous sport. http://www.forrescyclingclub.co.uk saw a great report about the summer league and the way in which it is a great way for youngsters to get involved.

This week’s top training tip:

If during a sprint another rider comes past you with 25 metres to go – you’ve lost.

More from the Pale Rider’s secret training manual next time.

No comments: