Thursday 12 June 2008

Problems with wind

Last weekend saw a fantastic array of racing here at Forres CC – a 10 on the Saturday and a 25 on the Sunday morning followed by the APR on a gloriously sunny Sunday afternoon. And as I had predicted in my previous waffle my participation was limited to the 10 and standing in a flouro jacket on the Sunday afternoon – catching some rays was the limit of my activity there. Well done to all riders who battle against the headwind out on Saturday afternoon – that wasn’t mentioned in the plan at all.

Did a reasonable time despite that awful headwind all the way out - as in it was in the middle of the two targets I'd set myself - so could only be pleased with that but felt I could have done better - sounds like a school report that....
Was almost worth all the effort when you do that - even worth cleaning my bike for on Friday night - only joking.

Summer League – and the joy of a float night last week was swiftly forgotten on a stinker of a night – strong winds and a series of showers made sure most (if not all) didn’t improve one iota from last week. A massive thank you to the marshalls and helpers who helped out on such a terrible evening – and do so every week on our behalf – unsung heroes each and every one. Also a great big well done to all the kids who turned out this week despite that awful weather.

The summer league was followed last night by another running event – one more of the local forest runs – which had the beautiful (if cool) start on the beach at Roseisle – then a rattle through some forest trails before hitting some singletrack and dunes – eat your heart out MTB fans! Enjoyed the run out – despite a very tired pair of legs – but enjoyed a glass of vino watching The Apprentice when I got home even more.

As a result of that I’m having a night off tonight before another sportive at the weekend – hope this horrid wet and windy weather clears up before then. Might even clean my bike again.

Dont forget its Bike Week next week - so in the nicest way "get on ya bike"